Collection of Information
Stafford Welding Products and Tools collects information through our website at several points. We collect the following information about primary visitors: Full Name, Address, Phone Number, Email Address and Product Orders.
We collect this information through the use of the shopping cart software. The information is collected voluntarily. To receive our products and services, your personal details are mandatory so that we can contact you and mail products to you.
We do employ cookies. A cookie is a small text file that our web server places on a user's computer hard drive to be a unique identifier. Cookies enable Stafford Welding Products and Tools to track usage patterns and deliver customized content to users. Our cookies do not have an expiry date. Our cookies do collect personally identifiable information. This is so your orders can be tracked when revisiting the website.
Use of Collection Information
The information collected by Stafford Welding Products and Tools will be used for mailing and contact purposes only. We will not supplement information collected at our website with data from other sources. We may share data with the following third parties: our merchant credit card provider(s) for processing payments. These third parties will use the information as follows: for the processing of orders finalised using a credit card.
Storage of Collected Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card numbers) on our website, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). When Credit Card details are collected, we simply pass them on in order to be processed as required. We never permanently store complete Credit Card details.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
If you have any questions about security on our website, you can email us at email@example.com.
Access to Collected Information
Stafford Welding Products and Tools maintains the accuracy of the information listed in the databases. Users may access their own personal information and contact us about inaccuracies they may find by emailing us from the details on the 'Contact' page. Users may delete their information from our database by emailing us as well.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on our website.
Links on the Stafford Welding Products and Tools site to external entities are not covered within this policy. The terms and conditions set out in this privacy statement only cover the domain name of staffordwelding.com.au.
Changes to Terms & Conditions
Stafford Welding Products and Tools Security Policy
Stafford Welding Products and Tools uses the shopify Payment Gateway for its online credit card transactions. shopify processes online credit card transactions for thousands of Australian merchants, providing a safe and secure means of collecting payments via the Internet. All online credit card transactions performed on this site using the shopify gateway are secured payments.
- Payments are fully automated with an immediate response.
- Your complete credit card number cannot be viewed by Stafford Welding Products and Tools or any outside party.
- All transactions are performed under 128 Bit SSL Certificate.
- All transaction data is encrypted for storage within shopify bank-grade data centre, further
- protecting your credit card data.
Delivery and Dispatch Details
Physical items are dispatched within two weeks of payment approval. For Australian orders, Postage, Insurance and handling is calculated by our site and each item will be delivered by StarTrack.
Warranty and Refund Return Policy
Please choose your products carefully, as we do not refund processed and despatched orders unless they are compromised in some way or unless otherwise stated. Returns are only available for despatched orders that contain supplied goods that are wholly or partly defective in appearance, incorrectly packaged or sent in error by fault of Stafford Welding Products and Tools, or the goods fail to operate in accordance to their specification or duration period.
Should the need arise to return a product or products please advise us by phone (07) 4634 6022 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of the date of receipt of your order. Stafford Welding Products and Tools will resupply your order promptly or any part thereof freight free in instances upon receipt of the returned goods which are in error by fault of Stafford Welding Products and Tools or obviously defective from manufacture.
Warranty returns which are in question of being faulty in appearance or performance by the customer are subject to our initial inspection and will be forwarded on to our supplier for a full warranty claim. If an immediate substitute part is required, the replacement item plus freight costs will be need to be purchased by the customer again until the warranty claim can be fully processed by our supplier.
In the event of an exchange part return, warranty claim credit or refund we will contact the customer directly either via phone or email for details of reimbursement preferably using secure online bank to bank transfer method.
(1) Subject to the conditions of warranty STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS warrants that:
a. all new STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS welders, plasma cutters and multi-process units (‘equipment’) will be free from defects in manufacturing workmanship and materials for a period of THREE (3) years from the date of purchase.
b. all new torches, foot pedals, water coolers, accessories and consumables (‘accessories’) will be free from defects in manufacturing workmanship and materials for a period of 3 MONTHS from the date of purchase;
c. all Stafford welding helmets and Air Compressors will be free from defects in manufacturing workmanship and materials for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase;
d. Stafford industrial Ute boxes and canopies are covered with a one (1) year warranty on manufacturing faults.
GENERAL WEAR & TEAR, MISUSE AND ABUSE WILL NOT BE COVERED UNDER WARRANTY
(2) Subject to the conditions of warranty set out below, if an item of equipment or accessory fails to operate within it's warranty period and the equipment or accessory are returned to at the buyer’s expense, (UNLESS OTHERWISED STATED) STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS will repair or replace the equipment or accessory free of charge provided the failure is attributed to manufacturing workmanship or material failure. Modifications undertaken by the consumer such as grinding earth pins on input power supply plugs, neglect, abuse, incorrect use are excluded from this warranty. Return shipping of repaired products is at the buyer’s expense.
(3) This warranty does not cover consumables such as electrodes, contact tips, nozzles, cups, shields, liners etc.
B. Conditions of warranty
(4) For any warranty claim, the product must be returned to the STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS Repair Centre at the purchaser’s expense, (UNLESS OTHERWISED STATED), with proof of purchase by original purchaser. Return freight is at the purchaser’s expense. , (UNLESS OTHERWISED STATED) The address details.
STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS Pty LTD
4 TAIT STREET, TOOWOOMBA, QLD 4350
(5). The product must not have had its serial number removed, defaced or changed, or its power cord altered.
(5a) warranty may be revoked for changing the 15 amp plug unless you notify us. All single phase STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS welding machines have a factory fitted moulded 15 Amp plugs ensuring adequate power for welding use. An appropriate 15 amp outlet is required for correct operation.
(6) Failure of the product must not be due to improper installation, adjustment, calibration or operation, connection to the wrong voltage, use on extension leads with less than 2.5mm^2 copper conductors, inadequate or improper maintenance of the product, neglect or damage caused by users or other abuse or misuse of the product. ‘Misuse’ includes continuing to use the product after a defect or fault has been discovered.
(7) This warranty will not be available where unauthorized accessories including consumables, hardware, or software have been used with or installed in the product after delivery to the customer.
(8) Any product which is found to be faulty due to damage caused by users, abuse, misuse or improper installation will not be covered by this warranty and any repairs will be at the expense of the buyer.
(9) STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS reserves the right to determine whether to repair or replace faulty equipment or accessories and may in its discretion supply a new or factory reconditioned item as a replacement.
(10) Any product that is repaired or replaced under warranty will be covered by a period equal to the remaining warranty period of the original product.
(11) The time taken to repair products may vary depending on the availability of parts in Australia. Parts may not always be available to repair older equipment, as availability will depend on the stock available from the manufacturer. STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS reserves the right to provide an equivalent replacement product (new or reconditioned) where it is unable to repair or obtain parts for a defective product.
C. Limitation of Liability
(12) STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS will not be responsible for:
12.1 repairs, damages or losses (including loss of profits or other economic loss) arising from product faults or failure caused by improper or unskilled operation of equipment, improper maintenance, misuse, improper installation, connection to the wrong voltage, neglect or damage caused by users or other abuse, neglect or misuse of the product;
12.2 The customer's or user’s failure to read or follow safety instructions or to obey operator's manual instructions or to obey occupational laws or to ensure the equipment's safe operation complies with national, state or local laws;
12.3 personal injuries arising from the inherent risks involved with welding or plasma cutting, including burns, electric shock, amputations, disability or death;
D. Limitation of liability – implied terms, guarantees and consumer sales
STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS, products sold by STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS are industrial products and are supplied for use in light industrial and light commercial activities not being everyday for extended periods of time. Customers are responsible for selecting the appropriate equipment for their particular purpose and STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS does not warrant or guarantee that a particular STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS product selected by a customer will be fit for a customer’s particular chosen purposes.
(13) Subject to the express warranty terms set out above and to the extent permitted by the Trade Practices Act 1974* (Cwlth) as amended from time to time and relevant state or territory legislation, STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS sole obligation is to use reasonable endeavor to repair or replace or payout residual value (at its discretion) any part of a product which is found to be defective during the warranty period and in no event shall STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS be liable for any other claims or damages including, but not limited to, claims for faulty design, negligent or misleading advice, damages arising from loss or use of the products, and any indirect, special or consequential damages or injury to any person, corporation or other entity.
(14) If any products are supplied to the customer as a ‘consumer’ of goods or services or are otherwise held to be ‘consumer goods’ within the meaning of those terms in the Trade Practices Act 1974* as amended or similar state legislation, the customer may have the benefit of certain non-excludable rights and remedies in respect of the products and nothing in these terms and conditions excludes any condition, warranty, guarantee, right or remedy which is conferred pursuant to the Trade Practices Act 1974*. However, if the product is a product not ordinarily acquired for personal, domestic or household use or consumption pursuant to s.68A of the Trade Practices Act 1974* (or its replacement section) or similar provisions of relevant state legislation, STAFFORD WELDING PRODUCTS limits its liability to payment of an amount equal to the lowest of:
A. the cost of replacing the goods;
B. the cost of repair of the goods;
C. the cost of having the goods repaired or replaced.
*(called the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 from 1 January 2011)
To assist us with any returns please provide us with the following details: your full name and address, product details, invoice number, date of purchase, and the reason for return. Upon receipt of this information we will contact you with the preferred method of goods return if the item cannot be returned by post.